Glenn Klausman, Esquire
“My father and mother taught me to treat people the way you would want them to treat you. To put yourself in the other person’s shoes to understand the way they see things. To try to do your best at everything you do. To make as many friends as you can, because you never have too many.”
My Journey to becoming a Personal Injury Attorney
My Experience as a Chief Trial Attorney
Insurance Company Claims
AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Martindale-Hubbell states their AV Peer Review rating “identifies a lawyer with very high to preeminent legal ability and is a reflection of the lawyer’s expertise, experience, integrity, and overall professional excellence.” The AV rating is the gold standard and the highest possible rating.
Super Lawyers recognition every year from 2010 through 2022
Florida Trend magazine "Legal Elite" recognition in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2022
Orlando Magazine April 2022 Peer recognition “Best Lawyers” in Personal Injury.
"Best of the Bar" recognition
Peers voted for him as “Best of the Bar” in Insurance Law (the only plaintiff’s attorney to receive the recognition in Insurance Law), Orlando Business Journal, November 2005 and November 2006.
Invitation to join:
- “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” by The National Trial Lawyers
- The Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- • The American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys “10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys”
- Madison’s Who’s Who of Professionals
- Strathmore’s Who’s Who Honors member
Litigation Counsel of America Fellow 2009
Member, American Association for Justice
- The University of Georgia, 1969-1973, graduated with Honors, ABJ degree
- College of Stetson College of Law, Sept. 1973-Jan.1976, graduated with Juris Doctor degree; Journalism
Post-law school courses/training:
- College of Advocacy at Hastings College of Law/University of California (1979)
- Trial Practice Institute of National College for Criminal Defense, Houston, Texas (1981)
- The University of Alabama in Birmingham, Special Studies (1981)
- Office of the Public Defender of the 18th Judicial Circuit, June 1976-December 1976
- Office of the Public Defender of the 9th Judicial Circuit, January 1977-January 1982
- Juvenile Court Division Chief 1978
- Felony Division Chief 1979-1982
- Jacobs & Goodman, P.A., January 1982-May, 2015
- Glenn Klausman, P.A., May, 2015-present
- Admitted to the Florida Bar, June 1976
- Admitted to the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States, July 1979
- Admitted to the Bar of the Federal Eleventh Circuit of the United States, 1981
- Admitted to the Bar of the Federal Middle District of Florida
- Certified County Court Mediator 1993-2003
Professional Leadership Positions:
- Central Florida Trial Lawyers Association: Judicial Liaison 2014-present, Past-President 2014, President 2013, President-Elect 2012, Treasurer 2011, Secretary 2010, Board of Directors 2004- 2009
- Seminole County Bar Association: President 1994-1995, Secretary 1993, Board of Directors 1991-1993
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee: Chairman 1997, Committee Member 1994-1997,
- Central Florida Legal Services Board of Directors: 1996-1997
Auto Insurance Law Panel Member selected by:
September 15, 2011:
- Attorney Klausman was the only attorney representing consumers in Florida selected by the Consumer Advocate of the State of Florida to participate as a panel member. Insurance industry representatives joined him in Florida’s Consumer Advocate’s round table workshop on auto insurance reform.
November 3, 2011:
- Attorney Klausman participated with four citizens in a roundtable discussion with Governor Scott, Florida CFO Atwater, and Florida Consumer Advocate Westcott concerning auto insurance fraud and reform.
Auto Insurance Law Panel Member selected by:
- Florida Justice Association Journal, January/February 2013, “PIP Misinterpreted”
- Florida Justice Association Journal, May 2012, “Auto Insurance – Highlights of the 2012 No-Fault Law Changes”
- Florida Justice Association Journal, November/December 2007, “The Current State of the Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law”
Florida Justice Association (previously Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers)
Academy of Florida Trial Lawyer and Florida Justice Association Awards:
- Attorney Klausman was voted by the Florida Justice Association Board of Directors and past presidents to be the 2008 recipient of the S. Victor Tipton Award. He was recognized for superior achievement in legal writing to protect Florida consumers’ rights and injured accident victims.
AFTL/Florida Justice Association member since 2002
Academy of Florida Trial Lawyer and Florida Justice Association Leadership Positions:
- Elected to five-person Executive Board of Florida Justice Association by Board of Directors and past presidents 2007-2008
- Elected to five-person Executive Board of AFTL by the Board of Directors and past presidents 2006-2007
- Florida Justice Association Board of Directors 2011-2012. Elected by members to the Board of Directors for two-year terms in 2007-2009, 2005-2007, and 2003-2005
- AFTL/JFA Insurance Committee, 2001-present, with a focus on motor vehicle insurance legislation. Drafted proposed motor vehicle insurance legislation in 2001, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, and currently.
- Co-Chairman AFTL Motor Vehicle Insurance Committee
- Vice-Chair AFTL Motor Vehicle Insurance Committee
- AFTL/JFA Membership Committee
- AFTL/JFA CLE Committee, Chairman
Florida Legislative Appearances:
- Spoke before House Health & Human Services Healthcare Access Committee on proposed changes to Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law, April 2011
- Spoke before Senate Banking & Insurance Committee on proposed changes to Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law, April 2011
- Spoke before House Banking & Insurance Committee on proposed changes to Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law, March 2011
- Spoke before Florida Senate committee on the issue of the Medicare fee schedule for No-Fault benefits during the 2008 legislative session
- Appeared and spoke before Florida Senate Banking & Insurance Committee, the Senate Judiciary Committee, and the Florida House Insurance Committee during the legislative session in 2006
- Appeared and spoke before Florida House Insurance Committee as a panel member on the issue of No-Fault Insurance, at the request of Committee Chairman Representative Dennis Ross, in 2005
- Appeared before the Florida Senate Banking & Insurance Committee in 2003 and Florida House Insurance Committee in 2004.
- Member of the Legislative Coalition of the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers and health care provider organizations on Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Insurance Law.
- Drafted and provided analysis to legislators on multiple statutory changes in Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law
- Assn. of Trial Lawyers of America, now American Association for Justice 2001-2013
- Central Florida Trial Attorneys Assn 1998-present, Board of Directors 1999-present
- Seminole County Civil Trial Lawyers Association, 1997-present
- 2002-2004 Chairperson, Orange County No-Fault Insurance Law Committee appointed by Judge Jeffery Arnold, chief county civil judge
- Moderator, “Raising the Bar Seminar,” Central Florida Trial Lawyers, September 2013.
- Moderator/Speaker, “Raising the Bar Seminar,” Central Florida Trial Lawyers, September 2012.
- Moderator/Panel Member, “The 2012 New PIP Law Changes,” Florida Justice Association Workhorse Seminar, March 23, 2012.
- Speaker, “Medical Payments Coverage and Subrogation Issues,” Central Florida Trial Lawyers seminar, September 8, 2010
- Speaker, “Dealing With the Insurance Medical Examiner Physician in Low Impact Motor Vehicle Accident Cases,” Florida Justice Assoc. Workhorse Seminar, Feb.19, 2010
- Speaker, “New Issues Related To Motor Vehicle Medical Payments Coverage,” Florida Justice Association Motor Vehicle Law Seminar, October 21, 2009
- Speaker, “Update on Collateral Source Set-Off in Motor Vehicle Cases,” 2008 Collateral Sources Seminar, Florida Justice Association, March 13, 2008.
- Speaker, Seminole County Inns of Court, “Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Insurance Law – Today and in the future,” January 23, 2008
- Speaker, International Whiplash Trauma Conference, “The Status of the No-Fault System in Florida and the Impact on Healthcare and Legal Systems,” October 26-27, Miami Beach, Florida
- Moderator/Presenter, “2007 No-Fault Legislation Analysis,” Florida Justice Association, October 10, 2007 Jacksonville, October 10, 2007 Orlando
- Presenter, “The Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Insurance Law Sunset-What Next?” August 16, 2007, Florida Chiropractic Assn. National Convention
- “Steps in Minimizing the Impact of the Insurance Medical Examiner Expert Testimony on the Issue of Permanency,” February 23, 2007, Florida Justice Assoc. Workhorse Seminar
- Co-Chairman, AFTL Auto Negligence Seminar, July 2006
- Moderator/Presenter AFTL annual convention 2006, “Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Insurance Law caselaw and Legislative Update”
- Chairman, “The Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Insurance Law Wars-2006, AFTL No-Fault Seminar May 2006
- Moderator, AFTL Workhorse Seminar, February 2006
- Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Insurance Law, Florida Chiropractic Association, Annual Convention, August 2005
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers Annual Convention: “2005 Insurance and Case Law Update”
- The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, “2005 Collateral Sources Seminar,” January 14, 2005
- Current Issues in Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Insurance Law, Florida Chiropractic Assn. Annual Convention, August 2004
- The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers 2004 Annual Convention: “2004 Legislative & Insurance Case Law Update Seminar,” June 2004
- Moderator/presenter at The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers seminar: “Current Challenges in Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Insurance Law,” March 25, 2004 in Tampa and March 26, 2004 in Ft. Lauderdale
- The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers 2003 Annual Convention: “2003 Legislative Changes & Update in Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Insurance Law”
- “2003 Legislative Changes to the Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Insurance Law,” Florida Chiropractic Assn, Annual Convention, August 2003
Call 407-917-1718 to schedule a confidential legal consultation with Orlando and Central Florida Personal Injury Attorney Glenn Klausman about your accident and injury legal needs.